Owl’s Nest Sanctuary for Wildlife and Nature’s World Wildlife Rescue are hosting their first annual joint calendar contest. We are looking for images that highlight Florida’s native wildlife and particularly the species we work to conserve. This is an excellent opportunity for photographers (amateur or professional) to showcase their work in a calendar that will help raise money vital to the care and conservation of wildlife.
All qualified entries will be uploaded to the Florida Wildlife Calendar Facebook Page on which will go live on or before April 2nd at 10pm EST. Photos will be featured in albums based on the species of the subject. The top 3 entries from each album as determined by visitor likes will move on to the finals where they will be voted on by our panel of judges. They will select 1 Grand Prize Winner who will be featured on the cover and 15 Month Winners who will each be featured as one of the months.
Grand Prize Winner will receive $100 Visa Gift Card, (15) Month Winners will each receive a $20 Visa Gift Card and ALL winners will have their names and photos featured on the Florida Wildlife Calendar Facebook Page, the Owl’s Nest Sanctuary for Wildlife Facebook Page, the Owl’s Nest Sanctuary for Wildlife Website and credit for all printed and digital versions of the image.
- Maximum of one entry per species per a photographer.
- Each image must be in digital format with a minimum 2550 x 3300 pixels and saved in a high resolution (300dpi – 600dpi) JPEG or .jpg format. Entries that do not meet these specifications will be disqualified.
- Only horizontal none watermarked or branded color images will be considered.
- Photos may not include human subjects under any circumstance.
- Photos may not show and encourage any sort of harm or threat to animals. No images of hunting or hunted animal will be permitted.
- Top 3 People’s Choice for each species will considered for judges choice.
- Maximum one image for each photographer may win.
- Open only to individuals with a US mailing address.
- Contest not open to current volunteers from either benefiting organization.
- Entries should be submitted one at a time via email and must including the following information with each email
- Your name, address, phone and email address
- Location where image was captures
- The date the image was taken
- The title you’ve given each photo
- A signed Photo Release Agreement granting Owl’s Nest Sanctuary for Wildlife and Nature’s World Wildlife Rescue rights to print and sale the image if it is selected as a winner and to use images in marketing and educational materials (you will also continue to maintain rights to the image)
- PayPal receipt number reflected paid entry.
- Email entries to FloridaWildlifeCalendar@gmail.com Subject Line: Contest Entry
- All entries are due by March 26th, 2016.
- Entry fee is a $10 donation per photo paid via PayPal Button at the bottom of the page. (Entry fees for disqualified images will not be returned)
- People’s Choice Voting will run from 10pm EST Saturday April 2nd– 10pm EST Saturday April 16th
- Final Winner’s will be announced throughout the day on May 14th on the Florida Wildlife Calendar Facebook page and all winners will be notified May 15th via email.